Calgary International Film Festival 2019 | Films in Spanish
The Calgary International Film Festival is an annually 12-day event in Calgary September 18 – 29, 2019, where you get to watch multi-genre films from different countries in the middle of September of each year. Win 2 tickets to see one of these films (see contest rules below)
The Awakening of the Ants (Despertar de las hormigas), Costa Rica: A smart and tender look at a young housewife’s attempts to find her own voice.
Volver showtimes in Calgary | Calgary movies & listings
Find out where Volver is playing in Calgary.
Best Actress Award at the 2006 Cannes Film Festival & Almodóvar won the best screenplay.
Calgary Film Festival, Calgary International, CIFF, Volver, Spanish Films Calgary, Penelope Cruz, Carlos Almodovar,
Volver in Calgary | Calgary CIFF Movie: Pedro Almodóvar’s masterful look at three generations of women whose lives are linked by a cyclic chain of events.
Monos, Colombia: Winner of a Special Jury Award at Sundance, MONOS is a visionary tale about a group of young militants holding an American hostage.
On a faraway mountaintop, eight teenaged guerillas with guns watch over a hostage and a conscripted milk cow. Playing games and initiating cult-like rituals, the children run amok in the jungle and disaster strikes when the hostage tries to escape.ometown reports that she has seen the ghost of Irene and both daughters do not believe her. After a murder and a family tragedy, Irene’s spirit materializes around her daughters to help comfort them.
The Infiltrators: Courageous undocumented teenagers allow themselves to be held in a secretive for-profit holding facility in Florida, where they attempt to free fellow detainees.
If you missed the CIFF, you still can watch Doc Soup Calgary, the series, now in its 12th year, will run from November 2019 to April 2020. Screening on the first Wednesday of each month (except in January), Doc Soup Calgary brings six of the year’s most talked-about docs to local audiences.: Doc Soup Calgary
CIFF “Gift Card Giveaway” contest On Facebook or Instagram comment on the ad & tag someone (one entry per tag), and you will be entered to win two (2) $15 movie tickets for one of the 5 films featured in this ad!
Here’s how to enter: • On Facebook and/or Instagram find the “Calgary Film Festival-Hola Calgary” contest image.
Facebook: comment below which film you would like to see.
Instagram: l comment of which film you would like to see & tag someone for extra entries.
Good luck! Winners will be selected randomly. The winners will receive two tickets to a film with a value to $30 Contest Rules
1. CONTEST RULES The “Calgary Film Festival-Hola Calgary” contest is sponsored by CIFF (“Sponsor”). This contest is governed by these official rules (“Official Rules”). By participating in the contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and understands that the results of the contest, as determined by Sponsor and its agents, are final in all respects. The contest is subject to all federal, provincial and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. The odds of winning a prize are directly related to the number of eligible entries. No purchase required.
2. USAGE Winners shall agree, if necessary, to have their comments, as well as their name and/or picture, including their photograph, used for advertising purposes related to this Contest, free of charge.
3. ELIGIBILITY Prize claimants must be residents of Canada and must have reached the age of majority in the province in which he/she resides. In the event that a person under the age of majority should win a prize, they are permitted to transfer the prize to their parent and or legal guardian, who will then be eligible to receive the prize. Employees of CIFF and their affiliates, as well as their immediate family (father/mother, brother/sister, son/daughter) or persons living under the same roof are not eligible to enter this contest.
4. DURATIONThe contest runs from September 13, 2019 – September 18, 2019.
5. AWARDING Winners will be selected randomly.. Sponsors reserve the right to change the winner selection method at its sole discretion. The winners will be selected Saturday, September 18th, 2019 at no pre-determined time. Winners will be contacted by email, through the social media channel in which they entered, via direct message if applicable or via comment in reply to the entered post. Winners should claim their prize as instructed by Hola Calgary by no later than one day after the date they are initially contacted. If the prize is not claimed within this period, a new draw will be held.
6. DESCRIPTION OF PRIZE(S) There are a total of 12 tickets, being Two for each winner (2) with a total of 6 winners with a value of $15 CDN per ticket. 2 Movie Tickets available to be won per winner.
7. GENERAL RULES
Winners will be selected randomly..
Winners release CIFF and individual locations, and all other affiliates with respect to their officers, directors, employees and agents including without limitation, their advertising and promotional agencies from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with the respect to the awarding, receipt, possession and or use/misuse of any prize and acknowledge that CIFF, individual locations, and all other affiliates are in any manner responsible for the maintenance, warranty and expiration of prizes distributed in this contest.
By participating in this contest, participants agree to be bound by all rules and all decisions of the contest sponsor (Calgary Film Festival), which are deemed final. Prizes must be awarded in their intended format and cannot be converted to cash or used to trade for other items.
If the prize cannot be awarded as described in these rules, CIFF, and their affiliates, as well as their respective directors, officers and employees, reserve the right to substitute a prize or prize component with another of comparable value.
Refusal to accept the prize releases CIFF, and their affiliates, as well as their respective directors, officers and employees, of any obligation toward the winner.
Should winners make any false statement, they shall be automatically disqualified from the contest.
CIFF, their affiliates, as well as their respective directors, officers and employees, shall assume no liability resulting from losses, delays, mistaken addresses on mail or e-mail received, typographical errors, technical, computer or telephone malfunctions, loss or theft of computer or telephone data, damage to software or computer equipment, fraudulent calls or any other mistakes.
All personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and age is collected solely for the purposes of administering this contest and shall not be used for any other purpose without your consent. By providing this information, you consent to it being used for the stated purposes.
By entering, contestants agree to abide by the Contest rules, which shall be applied by CIFF. All its decisions are final.