Photos with Santa at the Mall in Calgary – 2018
There is a lot of talk in whether you should tell your children about Santa or not. Is it good or is it bad? There are many studies out there, theories and opinions but the one that matters the most is yours!
Christmas for me has always been an incredible time with endless memories of going to church, singing Christmas Carols and happy moments with my family. I for once remember my parents always being happy at Christmas and even kissing on their last Christmas together before they divorced the next year. That memory is engraved in me confirming in my mind that my parents did in fact love each other at one point.
I must have been around 6 years old when my brother was 7 and I found out together that Santa Claus was not real. We had completely different reactions! For me it was not disappointing at all, I remember being excited about the mystery of it all. For my brother, it was more of a traumatic experience. Thus my children believed in Santa but his did not. My husband and I created a middle ground with our daughters, not too much and not too little.
Believing in Santa Claus is one of the best memories of my life! It is a person giving without receiving. Its about something good in life! It is just different for each of us, our temperament, our experiences and just what we believe. This is by no means intended to motivate or dissuade anyone from having your kids believe or not in Santa. It is simply an account of my own experience!
Either way, make some memories! For many, taking photos with Father Christmas signifies an age-old holiday tradition. Bring home keepsake images with Mr. Claus. Plan ahead because reservations, tickets and in some instances, credit cards are often required before one can gain access to Santa’s lap.
Most places have taken away the endless lines and long waits, you can reserve your spot online or simply sign up for a virtual line up at the mall and meanwhile, you can go get a warm pretzel or do some holiday shopping, seriously, you are there already! Getting a spot early in the season is highly advised. The important part is that you won’t have to wait outside in the cold to see the big guy in red! This list will be updated on a regular basis as schedules are posted!
Best Places to Meet Santa Near Calgary
1. Christmas at Chinook Mall– Chinook Centre – 6455 Macleod Trail SW. Santa arrives at Chinook Centre (in front of the Bay, the main floor) from Nov.17, 2018 to Mon Dec 24, 2018. Chinook Centre is one of the most popular places to visit Santa especially because they use a registration system – you can book ahead online and NO long line ups. There is even a waiting area with activities for the kids. They do allow walk-ups but only if time allows – better to go on non-usual busy times. Bookings do fill up quickly. Visit with Santa is free, picture prices vary depending on the package purchased. Santa’s workshop is in front of The Bay. Only a limited number of reservations are available!
2. CrossIron Mills- Brass Pro Shops -located at 261055 Crossiron Boulevard, Rocky View. From Nov. 17 to Dec. 24th 2018. Free Photo with Santa WITH Bass PASS. From 6 to 8PM, Free Crafts, Games and Activities. Magical tree lighting, Unveiling of Santa’s Wonderland®, FREE cookies and McSteven’s® hot chocolate*
Santa will be giving away a $25 Bass Pro Shops® Gift Card to 1 lucky winner every half hour! 5:30–7PM
A Bass Pass is required and provides a time slot to see Santa, allowing you to explore Santa’s Wonderland® or shop the store while waiting in a virtual line. Bass Passes are limited and go quickly each day. For more Information go to Santa at CrossIron Mills.
3. Southcentre Mall located at 100 Anderson Road SE. Santa Claus arrives Nov-17th to Dec 24th, 2018 during mall hours, but registration will close at 12:00 pm noon or earlier on Christmas Eve so he can leave by 3:00 pm to get back to the North Pole. Expect an early cut-off on high volume days, including Christmas Eve. Southcentre’s Enchanted Forest is one of the biggest well put together settings!
Wait times are shorter earlier in the season, no advance reservations, Santa’s Magic messenger system allows you to not wait in a line that is over a half hour. When the wait is over 1/2 hour they will give you a special paper invitation with an approx time to return. If Santa is ready sooner you will receive a text with the option of returning sooner!
Visit the Cookie Kitchen and decorate a cookie, watch a holiday movie in the Magic Pond, have sume fun at ROAR Play Park and snap a pic at one of their photo stations!
Digital lineup. The visit with Santa is free, picture prices vary depending on the package purchased. Santa’s workshop is in the Centre Court. Christmas at Southcentre Mall
4. The CORE Shopping Centre
Christmas at the CORE 324 8 Ave SW, Calgary –FREE SANTA PHOTOS AT THE CORE! From November 22 – December 23. Join the CORE this holidays season as to welcome Santa downtown every Thursday – Sunday! Santa will be sitting with children on a giant red chair amongst a forest of Christmas Trees on level 2 of the CORE (glass bridge near Holt Renfrew).
Photos with Santa are complimentary and are to be taken with your smartphone so you can easily share them with friends and family! If you post the photo of your child with Santa and use #FindChristmasDowntown your photo will automatically print out at our hashtag printer!
Photos will also be available for download on the CORE’s Facebook page every Monday following weekend visits. As all Santa photos are complimentary, monetary donations will be accepted for The Veterans Food Bank of Calgary. The Veterans Food Bank of Calgary is a registered not-for-profit organization to serve food security and other resource needs of Veterans from Calgary and surrounding areas.
November 22: 4:30pm – 8pm
November 23: 12pm – 7pm
November 24 & 25: 12pm – 5pm
December 1 – 23, 2018. Thursdays – Saturdays: 12pm – 7pm, Sundays: 12pm – 5pm
More info at: Christmas at the Core Shopping Centre
5. Market Mall located at 3625 Shaganappi Trail NW. The “Visit with Santa” is free, picture prices vary depending on the package purchased. Santa’s workshop is in the Centre Court.
Sat Nov 17, 2018
Mon Dec 24, 2018
All visits with Santa are free of charge. Photo package pricing varies.
*walk-ups will be accommodated as time allows. Questions? Just text (587) 671-0188. or go to Santa at Market Mall.
6. Deerfoot City located at 901 64 Avenue. Capture your perfect moment with Santa Fridays-Sundays from November 16 to December 23, 2018. Our timeless display features a backdrop of real trees offering beautiful keepsake photos. Santa will be located in the Food Lodge and photos are available at $20 a sheet (different photo configurations available). Additional sheets are $5 and memory cards with a variety of poses are available for $45. For more info go to Photos with Santa at Deerfoot City
Friday 10am-1:30pm | 2:30pm-6:00pm
Saturday 10:00am-1:30pm | 2:30pm-6:00pm
Sunday 11am-2:00pm | 2:30pm-5:00pm
7. Calgary Farmer’s Market located at 510 77 Ave SE. Santa Claus will be strolling the market from 11am – 2pm greeting everyone young and old. 2 Dates · Nov 17 & Nov 24 11:00 am. Just follow your ears to the sound of his jingle bells and Ho Ho Ho and you’re sure to find him. He loves taking selfies, giving high fives and comes bearing candy cane treats & holiday specs.
Saturday November 17 | 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Saturday November 24 | 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
To view more places to take a picture with Santa, please click here for our events page