What does life in one of the most livable city in North America look like? Life in Calgary it’s about balancing a good day’s work with time for family, friends & recreation.
If you’re a newcomer or if you’re currently live is in Calgary, this guide will help you to find community and government resources. Calgary is a very good place to live, it’s not too expensive because , Alberta only charge the Goods and Services Tax (GST) not the Provincial Sales Tax (PST). The province of Alberta offers many cost-of-living advantages, such as: no provincial health-care premiums, no provincial sales tax (PST), tax rebates and credits
Lower cost of living in Calgary
Calgary offers many cost-of-living advantages, such as:
- no provincial health-care premiums
- no provincial sales tax (PST)
- tax rebates and credits to further help with your finances
In Calgary the portion you pay from your annual income in taxes is:
- 10% on the portion of your taxable income that is $131,220 or less, plus.
- 12% on the portion of your taxable income that is more than $131,220 but not more than $157,464, plus.
- 13% on the portion of your taxable income that is more than $157,464 but not more than $209,952, plus.