Calgary Events & Things To Do
- This event has passed.
PLS- Understanding Financial Statements and Financial Ratios and Why They Matter to Your Business – Financial Session
April 26 @ 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Presents, in partnership with:
Alberta Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) has partnered with Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA) & Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) to bring to you a 2 part learning session on financial information for business owners.
Understanding Financial Statements
Presented by: Angie Petretta and Nicole Mastel
This is a basic session explaining the terms and concepts of financial statements.
• How’s the business doing?
• Did we make money this year?
• What does my P&L tell me?
• Why do I need a balance sheet?
• Where is my cash coming from?
• Where is my cash going to?
• Why isn’t my cash equal to my profit?
• To be able to review and understand their financial statements
• To be able to ask informed questions of their financial professionals
This is a basic session explaining the terms and concepts of financial statements. By taking this session, participants will be able to access how their business is doing, why a balance sheet is needed, and learn more about their cash flow.
Financial Ratios and Why They Matter to Your Business
Presented by Laurianne Molaro
This is a basic session explaining the calculation and interpretation of
• How profitable is my business?
• How do my profits compare to the industry?
• What’s the trend in my profits?
• How quickly are we growing?
• Can we pay the bills?
• Can we pay the bank?
• Am I getting a return on my investment?
• To be able to calculate the key financial ratios for their business and understand
the meaning of the calculations
• To be able to interpret the results to better manage their business
Price: $39 (not including taxes/fees) – Includes session, networking and a continental breakfast!
Date: April 26th, 2019
Time: 9:30 am to 10:30 am for Understanding Financial Statements;
10:30 am to 10:45 am for optional networking/break
10:45 to 11:45 for Financial Ratios and Why They Matter to Your Business
Location: 2540 Kensington Road Calgary
We look forward to seeing you there!