Calgary Events & Things To Do
- This event has passed.
PLS- Money Side of Business and Getting Money: What Lenders & Investors Want – Financial Session
May 8 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Presents, in partnership with:
Alberta Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) has partnered with Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA) & Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) to bring to you a 2 part learning session on financial information for business owners.
The Money Side of Business
This is an advanced session explaining the basic tools and techniques of financial management for a business owner, including budget creation and monitoring, cash management, product/division/customer analysis, planning/ forecasting, and trend analysis.
• What’s financial management?|
• What tools can help operate my business?
• How do I determine if a product is profitable?
• What’s my most profitable product?
• Who are my most profitable customers?
• Why do I need a budget?
• How do I create and use a budget?
• What reports do I need?
• How do I tell where my business is heading?
• To be able to use financial management tools to evaluate their business and make informed financial decisions
Getting Money: What Lenders and Investors Want
This session explains to the business owner the financial and non-financial information a bank or investor uses to evaluate a loan/investment request, and explains the steps necessary to prepare a business for presentation to a lender and/or investors.
• Why will I need additional financing and capital?
• What are the typical sources for financing?
• What are the advantages and disadvantages?
• How are lenders and investors different?
• Why do I need a business plan and how do I create one?
• What are leverage ratios and how should I use them?
• How do leverage ratios vary between business types?
• How do lenders look at my business?
• To understand how a bank or investor will evaluate their business and the steps necessary for the owner to get their financial statements and business plans in order for presentation to lenders and investors.
Price: $39 (not including taxes/fees) – Includes session, networking and a continental breakfast!
Date: May 8th, 2019
Time: 9:30 am to 10:30 am for The Money Side of Business;
10:30 am to 10:45 am for optional networking/break
10:45 to 11:45 for the Getting Money, What Lenders and Investors Want
Location: #301 10310 Jasper Avenue Edmonton
We look forward to seeing you there!