Accreditation of  Medical Education in Canada

Accreditation of Medical Education in Canada

The Medical Council of Canada MCC assess international medical graduates (IMGs) seeking to practise in Canada. An Educational Credential Assessment, (ECA) confirms whether or not your medical degree/diploma is comparable to a Canadian one. If you are applying for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) programs such as the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) or the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), you may need an ECA report to complete your Express Entry profile.

The Medical Council of Canada grants a qualification in medicine known as the Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC) to physicians who have met its requirements. The LMCC is a part of the Canadian Standard, the set of requirements physicians need to meet to apply for a full licence to practise medicine in Canada.

Medical Council of Canada
Attention: Exam department
1021 Thomas Spratt Place
Ottawa, ON Canada K1G 5L5
1-613-248-5234 (fax)
[email protected]

The next step after passing the exam is to apply for a position as a resident in a Canadian university hospital, which is managed directly with hospitals or Canadian medical schools. Refer to: The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, search tih link for information and listing of accredited residency programs by discipline

To obtain information (programs, conditions and admission forms) on post-graduate university studies in medicine -master or doctorate-, you should contact the dean of the Faculty of Postgraduate Studies (office of the Dean of Graduate Studies). Bureau du doyen des études supérieures) of the universities of interest.

The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
774 Echo Drive
Ottawa ON Canada
K1S 5N8
Telephone: 613-730-8177; toll free 1-800-668-3740
Fax: 613-730-8830
E-mail: [email protected]

Finally, after being accepted by a university or receiving an offer from a Canadian hospital or university, you must obtain the corresponding permit from the immigration authorities through the Embassy of your country.



Wordpress (0)
Disqus (0 )
Copy link