- This event has passed.
Día de todos los Santos
October 31 at 10:00 am - 3:00 pm MDT
When: Saturday October 31st, 2020. Event starts at 10:00 am.
Where: Evergreen Community Space. (Max 50 people). Mayland Heights. #2, 1709 8th Ave NE Calgary, AB T2E 0S9
Entry is FREE, but donations are always appreciated.
– There will be ofrenda on display throughout the event.
– Pan de Muertos, hot chocolate tasting and sale, Aztec dance, Workshops and many more activities!
Everyone is welcome to show up in make-up or costume. Costumes should be in theme to the day-of-the-dead tradition.
– Pan de Muertos and hot chocolate tasting: 10:00am – 10:30am
– Desayunarte: Dia de Muertos : 10:30am)
Hosted by Paloma Negra and Oscar Rios.
A talk about what is Día de Muertos, its meaning and the diverse elements that you can find in the Ofrenda! As part of this special edition of Desayunarte, the hosts will be reading the “Calavera Rhymes” collected from our Open Call contest.
More info here: https://www.spanicarts.com/open-call
– Calavera Rhymes Reading: 11:00 am
– Aztec Dance by Luis Segura : 11:30 am
Lunch break: 11:40 am to 12:30 pm
Kids Workshops: For ages 5 and up. 15 people max per workshop.
– Sugar Skulls decoration: 12:20 pm to 1:20 pm.
Instructor: Consulado de Mexico (Consulate of Mexico)
– Papel Picado workshop (Traditional cut paper art): 1:20 pm to 2:50 pm.
Instructor: Oscar Rios
– Paloma Negra and Marko Cipäktli (music): 2:50pm
Announcement of the winner of the Calavera Contest.
We will be finishing the festivities at 3:00 pm
COVID-19 Alert Event information may be out of date due to the coronavirus (COVID-19). Please confirm details with the event organisers.